Do you know how to honor yourself and why is it important? When we were little, we knew how to express ourselves fully. Thus, we also knew how to honor our true essence. Naturally, we didn’t feel any shame about being genuine, quizzical and playful. However, our family started to shape us so we could fit into their reality.
To allow this, we cut off parts of who we are and choose to limit ourselves. Hence we disconnect from ourselves and deny our uniqueness. Instead of commending us for our creativity and spontaneity, we were punished for who we are. As a result, we began to feel ashamed of our nature and chose to behave in a way that is appropriate in the eyes of society.
Rather continue living lives that don’t honor us just because we chose it in the past and we assume that it’s too late to change the course.
As a result, we forgot how to honor ourselves or how to support our decisions. We’ve been trained to seek for approval from the outside. But if you want to change your life, then you have to stop hiding and step out from the suppressed version of you. If you want all the love and excitement that is waiting for you, then say yes to yourself.
Say yes to the gift you’re. Say yes to the life you want. Say yes to your magic. Say yes to you! Because anything else is just an illusion that we bought into.
Choose consciously to honor your true essence and express it. It’s only you who know how to do it.
“Most people don’t grow up. It’s too damn difficult. What happens is most people get older. That’s the truth of it. They honor their credit cards, they find parking spaces, they marry, they have the nerve to have children, but they don’t grow up.”
Following questions help you to find the ways how to honor yourself
- What holds you back from honoring yourself?
- Do you believe that you deserve to express your uniqueness?
- What would happen if you would say yes to you?
- What kind of life is honoring you?
- What kind of job would help you to embody your uniqueness?
- What kind of sports and food honor your body?
- What kind of relationships honor you?
- Do your relationships honor your nature? Can you freely express your individuality and charm?
- Do you support your dreams by your thoughts and words?
- Do you honor your time by doing what is meaningful to you?
- Do you wear clothes that express your sensuality? Everyone is sensual, we’ve been just learned to hide it.
No one will do it for you. Therefore, it’s only you who can decide to step into a new level of existence. Only you can say no to dishonoring situations and people in your life and choose to support you.